This exercise Barbell Bench Press contributes to the development of the entire chest muscles, major and minor pectoral muscles and triceps, deltoid muscle and shoulder muscles.
On a horizontal bench should go back, tightly Packed buttocks on the bench, feet should be placed on the floor the entire foot
– you must grip the top to take the Griffon at a distance slightly wider than shoulders;
– then take a deep breath and begin to slowly lower the barbell to the chest level, trying to control every move;
– move to the pressing rod and the end of this movement, we must exhale.
To perform the powerful mode you want to apply the following techniques for Barbell Bench Press:
1 . Firmly grasp with both hands the Griffon, in order to give the stable positions of the wrist.
2. You should then draw the chin and pressed his head as closely as possible to the bench.
3. The arching of the back is carried out with the aim of reducing the trajectory of the lower bar. This exercise allows us to give the optimum position of the chest, which allows to fully engage in the work of the lower part of the chest muscles.
4. Protruding chest is carried out with the aim of reducing the trajectory of the lower bar.
5. Throughout the press must buttocks tightly pressed to the bench.
6. Feet should be kept strictly stationary, pressing the heel to the floor to ensure maximum stability of the body during this exercise.
More detailed attention should be paid to the following points:
1. To ensure maximum safety during this exercise should brush to capture the Griffon, so that your thumb is opposite the other fingers, thus forming a kind of castle.
2. If the thumb is not fully captured the fretboard, in any moment, the rod can slip and thereby to cause very serious injury if it falls on the face, jaw or neck.
Variations of the exercise:
01. When the bow back you need to focus the load on the lower parts of the chest muscle and then, perhaps, to lift the most weight. When performing exercises should carefully follow the methodology of the exercise to avoid injury to the lower back.
When performing bench in a horizontal position and arched back, you can reduce the trajectory of the lowering of the rod, which in turn allows you to lift heavier weight. This is due to the active involvement of a very powerful lower part of the pectoral muscles, the Head and legs should be kept still. Buttocks firmly press to the bench.
In the presence of back pain this exercise should be excluded until full recovery.
02. Pressing the elbows to the sides, torso, you basically work the deltoid muscle, especially its anterior part.
03. When you change the width of the grip of the fingerboard can be loaded:
– narrow grip: the middle of the chest muscles;
– wide grip: the outer part of the chest muscles.
04. When changing the path of the prip can be loaded:
– when lowering the neck in the region of the lower edge of the chest, there is a well defined lower section of the chest muscles;
– when lowering the neck to the middle of the chest, there is a well defined middle division of the muscles of the chest;
– when lowering the neck to clavicle tufts of chest muscles, there is a well defined upper thoracic muscles.
05. When lifting the feet off the floor and hold them in the weighing position, completely remove the problems in the lumbar region and focus all attention on the study of the muscles of the chest Barbell Bench Press. This leg position gives you the opportunity to avoid unnecessary and excessive arching of the lower back, and, consequently, prevents the appearance of pain in it.
This option Barbell Bench Press exercises you can use to reduce the load on the pectoral muscles of the lower group, resulting in the transfer of loads on the upper and middle beam of the pectoral muscles.